We’d like to take a moment to draw attention to the extra measures we’re taking during the coronavirus outbreak:
- Anything that comes in contact with a patient’s face or hands (ie chin rests, forehead rests, all optometric equipment) is wiped down with 70% alcohol. We have always done this and will naturally continue.
- We will pre-screen patients on the phone prior to appointments for cough, sore throat, fever or who are otherwise unwell. Any unwell patients will be rescheduled two weeks later. Similarly, any patients who have traveled outside of Canada will be asked to reschedule their appointment until at least 14 days after returning to Canada.
- All patients will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water once they are called into the exam room. Hand washing is still the best way to limit the spread of the virus.
- Magazines and toys will be removed from the waiting room.
- Waiting room chairs and all surfaces will be cleaned through out the day.
Signage will also be posted at the entrance to the clinics advising patients not to enter if they are sick or have traveled recently.